Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My fav soundtracks 1



Now that I got my HTC hero, the days of  me going out to buy cd music has become obsolete. I can download to my hearts content, as long as my memory holds up. But now that I hold a fancy piece of equipment I can't forget the good old days of compact disk. So, to honor cd's I've compiled a top 4 of my own personal stash. These albums were bought at difficult times in my life, and hold much my moods fluctuated during those times. So let's get in it then.

First up is the Afro Samurai soundtrack. A short lived Cartoon Network stink that had sum serious action and serious music. The soundtrack was crafted by Rza (the pronounced Riza) of the Wu Tang Clan, a rap group from the early 90's, it feature mainly rap with classic Wu Tang sound and influence that coincides with the action on the show. Lots of blood, lots of cursing, and Samuel L. Jackson as the Afro Samurai. I luv it always. However I recommend the clean version.

Next is a band called La'arc en ciel, a Japanese group who's one of the greatest band ever assembled across seas their album is entitled simply Smile, a mixture of rock and dominated mellow tunes, track numbers 2 and 8 always get me wanting to bench press sumthing, a house, a dog, anything within reach.

We all know Metal Gear...... ok maybe not, but if u had a Playstation 1 back in 98, then u at least heard about Metal Gear Solid. And action espionage title launch under the game company Konomi. The soundtrack is filled with spy/action/ instrumentals that r as beautiful as this game was when it released all thoughs years ago.

Lastly is a soundtrack that many ppl may not get until they actually sit down and listen to it. From the anime Samurai Champloo comes 2 albums, I have the second called Playlist Music Record 2. It combines sum Japanese hip hop with instrumental beats of the urban kind. Mellow tones, beats that make u bob ur head without even thinking about it. Also check out an artist named Nujabes, he's got flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment